Thursday, July 30, 2009

Carol the Second (C2)

Carol 2 (C2) has an eloquence and quick wit on the floor and off. Her sense of humor is delightful. Laughing and tapping go well together and C2 is one of the bonding agents. She has an amazing ability to return from time away, missing practices, and dance like she never left.


Carol has been cruising quite a bit the last year or so, making the most of traveling and time with family. Those toes and tongue must articulate just as well on board ship as at home cause ya can't tell she's been gone except you miss her. This also explains why some pictures have a vacant C2 spot.

Love of dance led C2 into a class at Mission Oaks just about 3/4 years ago. Shortly thereafter, Carol 1 invited C2 to join her performing group. Here are the 2 Carols together.



C2 also has a calming effect. At times her expression is serene. A soft smile and dreamy look that exudes a quiet composure. She can lull you into her comfort zone. There was a show where this tapper made a major blunder. It happens. The look on Carol's face was one of, "Yeah, I saw that. But it's ok, it's all good. And here's a hug to let you know you're not alone." A simple kind acceptance can melt a heart forever! C2 said it best in her own words. "Even if my legs stopped working, I would want to hang out with these beautiful ladies. It's like I have a patch of velcro on my heart for them. Also, they have taught me so much about being a friend. ...I hope to dance with Hats & Taps as long as the music plays." We too, C2, we too!

1 comment:

  1. O.K., the quote about Carol 2's velcro patch on her heart for all of us made me cry. That's about the sweetest thing I've heard in a long time, but, that's Carol 2 for you. She had one thing backward, however, I believe she has taught us how to be good friends!

    That's the neat thing about this group we are constantly learning from one another—and loving the whole process!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete